Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Hobbit, At Last


We watched The Hobbit movie the first day it opened in the country. And although the Lord of the Rings series is entirely different from the Harry Potter series, the anticipation for the film versions are all the same for me. The Hobbit is no exception as I consider it an essential part of the whole LOTR storyline. 

I am not much of a movie reviewer but I believe the film version is loyal to the book form. As I have said to an orgmate, I found the Riddles in the Dark part, well, dark and disturbing, the very same descriptions I have for the book counterparts. One only has to internalize the way Gollum hisses his words. But then, this is on a personal level. I cannot speak for other people.

Without prior knowledge that it has divided into three parts, I knew already that they could not possibly crunch the book into one movie. So definitely the world cannot afford to end its existence as we are yet to see the ending of The Hobbit: There and Back Again.

No comments: