Sunday, July 17, 2011

It Ends Here: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2


The story is complete. We now know why Voldemort has been living that long…

It was certainly a good experience, finishing what was once part of our adolescent years. I can still remember entering a cinema in Lipa City, Batangas ten years ago when my schoolmates and I took a break while attending a regional press conference and watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I fell asleep just as Hagrid was bringing the first year students to Hogwarts via the Black Lake. Eight years later, I rediscovered Harry Potter and finished the seven books (including the supplement Tales of Beetle the Bard) within a year. I will always be grateful for having read such a compact story that is Harry Potter.

Of course there will always be some critiques of the story but I leave them to their own views. The showing of the last part of the film adaptation of Book 7 made the book reading more worthwhile. One can only wish that J.K. Rowling would extend the storylines further. But for now, let us enjoy Pottermore.

No comments: