Monday, December 20, 2010

Yule Talk 1: A Friendly Reminder


It would be hard to deny the festive atmosphere around. And perhaps for this reason the National Telecommunications Commission or NTC has put out a reminder for all the busy buyers and shoppers of the Christmas season.

Received this message recently from a sender named NTC:

BABALA: HUWAG MANINIWALA SA MGA TEKS NA HUMIHINGI NG LOAD, PERA, BANK ACCOUNTS, ATBP. IPAGBIGAY ALAM KAAGAD SA NTC-OSPAC: 9213251, 92667722.

The text message looks genuine enough for me.

Anyway, I have been thinking over if I would proceed with my usual Christmas blog series (see the Navidad Talk series here; and the Season’s Talk Series here) for I think I have already said what I had to say about Christmas. I am still critical of its origins and yet I was able to find some fine reasons to join in the festivities upon rereading some books. It was at that point that I was convinced that I can proceed, after all, with a series. Which I have named now as Yule Talk.

Up next: a discussion of ‘A Christmas Carol’.

No comments: