Saturday, November 6, 2010

Biodegradable Plastic Bags



I can still remember the workshop we had back in 2001 on biotechnology. The activity was facilitated by some people from the UP Open University. Later in the workshop, one facilitator spoke of the possibility of having bacteria capable of degrading materials that pollute bodies of water.

This recollection is not quite related to the picture I am now sharing here. But this goes to show that, at least, we are finding ways to wage war against the plastics. Forgive me if I find these plastic bags amazing; I admit that I am not up-to-date when it comes to environment-related innovations like these. This is the third of the activities that I admire the most. The first one is the use of paper bags in Los Baños, Laguna and the plastic-free Wednesdays in a supermarket in San Pablo City, Laguna.

Small actions all add up to create big results. These activities will definitely pay off.

No comments: