Sunday, June 7, 2009

Classes Start…

I look up after gazing at my newly stamped registration form (registered!) for the nth time and see the building up of the queue at the registrar’s office – students lining up now to claim their class cards. Classes are definitely starting now despite the H1N1 virus scare (so classes shall really start at 15, eh?)

I was several feet away from the registrar and our college secretary’s office but I could have guessed the things that were going to the minds of these scholars: how are they going to juggle their tight schedules for the next few months, how are they going to explain to their parents the subject (or subjects) they missed enrolling this semester, how are they going get a (co)-debtor for the loan that they plan to apply this semester, how are they going to obtain some ‘kickback’ on the enrollment fees this time; with hundred thousand students or more, the list is virtually endless.

And for so many times that I joined those lines for registration and loan application, they have all been filled with that same hope that things would go smoothly for that semester. I am in the very firm resolve to make this as my last enrollment for this degree and hope to give my relatives proud faces again five months from now. The last time I saw them wear those happy faces was more than five years ago. Accomplishing this degree is not, after all, only a matter of obtaining the prestige of graduating from an equally prestigious university. I believe it is also giving our toiling parents that feeling that the hard works that they are doing in order for us to survive each semester have not been in vain.

Schools are our fields of battle (academic ones?) and of sowing hopes.

3 comments:

Maestro JheYzeE said...

You'll soon step-out of the four walls of the classroom...

Good luck bro!

God bless

Pransism said...

Thank you Sir.

Maestro JheYzeE said...

oist, ano ba full eMail address mo??? please give it to me nmn... i am just managing my contacts eh... thanks


-delete mo nlng ito after reading this but make sure that you do/give me what i am asking from you, hehehe, thanks bro~!