Thursday, August 7, 2008

<-(S I C K A N D I L L )->

I think I have already said that I would keep the entries as limited as possible to things that involve the country and its activities. But perhaps all of it is starting to get lost now in the haze of headache and cold feelings...literally.
I mean no one really likes getting sick. But it’s me right now: right down sick. (And so now I think I have absolved myself now for missing the Philippine current events…Hay, ‘di na natuloy ‘yung entry ko about sa SONA ni Gloria...in due time makakabawi rin ako dun...sa mga pinagsasabi n’ya etc..)

[Day One]
It all started last Saturday, after we have cleared away a part of the open lawn at Gawad Kalinga San Pablo (GK-San Pablo) as part of a community service. We have finished around two o’clock in the afternoon (we started the weekly activities at 8) after a futile search for the lost cellphone of one of the members of our team.
Then a torrent of text messages about a certain fraternity finals. Yeah, I was willing to proceed but instead bravely excused myself. I did not use the excuse that I was feeling bad but instead said something about preparedness and pseudo-philosophies. Three o’clock onwards all was…
Kierkegaard reading, Kierkegaard reading.
Thanks to lola for a bowl of lugaw. (Sorry I intentionally did not eat the tokwa…weird taste kas
i eh!)


[Day Two]
Well, I can say that I was quite feeling well on this gloomy Sunday since I was able to go out and buy myself some oatmeals (been dying to eat some for the past two weeks.) Thankfully, I was able to study for the rest of the afternoon and have another away pusa ulet with my sister late in the afternoon. Later, I enjoyed listening to oh-so-interesting topics on RockEd Radio at NU.
Here’s the bomb:
Around 10, I began feeling really really really really cold. Since lola left with me her thermometer, I opted to use it. Andun na rin naman. To my horror, my temperature was actually shooting now to 39 degrees Celsius and all I am feeling was that bad cold feeling (whatta!). I hurried downstairs to fetch some water and hastily make myself some coffee (thanks to the second-hand thermos!)…take note…with really really shaky hands.

From here ‘til the next day it is quite hard to describe what happened: that same set of bad feelings – severe chilling, delirium-related visions (i.e. molecules forming right in front of me), and a downpour of (unusual) dreams and hopes I gladly not remember forever.

.

.

.

.

[Day Six]
It’s actually Day Six now and still these bad feelings are lingering. No thanks to these swollen lymph nodes that have made their posts again! And so I have to take in again those loathsome concoctions of amoxicillin, paracetamol, phenylpropanolamine, chlorphenamine maleate, among other.
My whole point on this lousy entry is this: You don’t want to get sick in the middle of a pile of activities tagged with a deadline. Hope everything will go well next week.

Just recalled a line from one of the songs of Taking Back Sunday:

SO SICK, SO SICK OF BEING TIRED

AND OH SO TIRED OF BEING SICK!


Photo Credits: greenhealthspot.com and mcmua.com

6 comments:

moon_faerie said...

awww. get well soon :|

Pransis said...

10 days sick and still counting.. =(

moon_faerie said...

Maybe it's time for you to consult the doctor :|

Pransis said...

thanks for the advise ate.
my mother is a former nurse and i think she would suffice for now.

moon_faerie said...

OMG nanay ko rin RN! :)

never visited a doctor, too, when I was young hehe

pagaling ka! the blogospere needs you. :)

Pransis said...

talaga?wow naman.tamu nga naman,hehe.
oo nga.tama dapat umaus na ko,grrrr.hehe.
salamat ate!