Saturday, January 12, 2008

Manila Times National Essay Writing Contest 2007 on the go!

Now this was quite a surprise that I got just a few hours before year two thousand seven ended. It was a day spent plying the streets in Bayan just to observe the busyness of the people at the eve of the Year of the Rat. I’ve been hoping and pass-praying for days now. There were only ten (10) individuals who were e-mailed by The Manila Times. That is indeed a very small number compared to the ones I’ve joined before. 
Here's a snippet from the e-mail sent to us.
________________________________

Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:14:58 +0800
From: "The Manila Times National Essay Writing Contest 2007"

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

Holiday Greetings to you!Thank you for joining The Manila Times National essay writing contest 2007. This is to confirm receipt of your entry in the Category B of the contest.Results of the contest will be published in The Manila Times on February 10, 2008. Prizes will be awarded to the winners in appropriate ceremonies at The Manila Times College (formerly The Manila Times School of Journalism), 371 A. Bonifacio Drive., Port Area, Manila, on February 22, 2008.

Sincerely,M. E. Corazon J. Jazmines
Project Officer

1 comment:

CHKO said...

Wrong sent. hehehe

Hi Francis! I know that you are the right person to share this with. I am currently working as a PR writer and I realized that this world is for you. Creative writing with some sort of journalism. If you're interested, please let me know. Visit geisermaclang.com for more info.

I know you're not graduating this year (laughs!!!!) but you may want to try your luck. You're a better writer than I.